We can offer life style plus in the sunny Marlborough Sounds. Hurricane Rigging is based at Waikawa Marina, Picton, soon to be the 2nd largest marina in NZ!
Our fully equipped workshop is located opposite the hard stand with views down Queen Charlotte Sound. No motorways or traffic to contend with.
We are seeking a marine all-rounder, skilled trades person to join us. Team fit is super important as enjoyment and fun is an essential part of our work ethos.
You don’t need all the skills listed in this ad, but practical engineering skills, workshop experience and familiarity with yachts are must haves.
Duties may include:
- Knowledge of yacht spars and sailing systems
- Understanding/familiarity of working with alloy and stainless steel
- Disassembling and reassembly of systems (winches, booms, spars etc)
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Practical engineering background
- Familiarity and safe operation of hand and power tools
- Be able to read plans and quantities
- Select appropriate products for applications especially for marine environment
- Cutting and shaping materials e.g. wood, composites, and metal
- Great sense of humor and positive attitude
Desirable skills and attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Quick learner
- Good mathematical skills for taking measurements
- Creative and good eye for design and detail
- Able to work alone without guidance
- Works efficiently as part of a team
- Minimum 5 years’ experience fulltime with relevant industry qualifications
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org