Tue, Aug 3, 2021 10:49 PM

Ward School evacuated

Ward School has been evacuated following a short circuit. File photo.

Matt Brown

A short circuit at a South Marlborough school could see rural school children sent home.

Ward and Seddon fire crews rushed to Ward School after their electrical switchboard short-circuited at about 9.50am, a fire communications spokesman says.

Fire Communications shift manager Andrew Norris says there was no fire, but the school was evacuated.

An electrician has been called to the scene to isolate the switchboard before emergency staff can inspect the damage.